- Subject: Medicine
- Level: Undergraduate
- Type of Degree: Graduado en Medicina
- Cost: EUR 21,000
Note: This programme is taught in English only in the first two years. Students must be fluent in Spanish (level B1) mid-way through second year. To the best of our knowledge, there is no funding or loan for British medical students at Cardenal Herrera University.
On 17th July 2013, Cardenal Herrera University was granted permission to teach medicine in English by ANECA. This course was offered for the first time in September 2013 and is now up and running.
Only the first two years of the six-year degree will be offered in English. Once students enter the clinical phase of the degree, all classes will be in Spanish. Again, this is a condition that has been set by the Spanish government and is unlikely to change.
Students must be able to pass an exam to prove their ability in Spanish. The level required is B1 in the DELE (an official Spanish as a foreign language qualification) and you must reach this standard by the end of the first year of the course.
There will also be an entrance exam in general knowledge, maths, chemistry and biology that students will have to take regardless of their previous qualifications. All eligible students will be interviewed as part of the admissions process.
You need to have, or expect to have, AAB at A level including Biology and Chemistry. Students with International Baccalaureate will also be considered if they have a minimum of 32 points. Other EU nationals wil also be considered as long as they have the equivalent of 70% on their national diplomas. It is extremely unlikely that transfer students will be accepted and there is no graduate-entry route planned, primarily because students must be capable of learning in Spanish by the start of the third year.
Read about a current UK student's experience of studying Medicine at Universidad Cardenal Herrera.
Similar undergraduate courses
- European University Cyprus Cyprus, Nicosia
- University of Zagreb Croatia, Zagreb
- Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome Italy, Rome
- University of Groningen Netherlands, Groningen
- GDC Education at Universidad Catolica de Valencia Spain, Valencia
- Green River College United States of America, Auburn (Seattle)
- Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences Austria, Krems
- Nicolaus Copernicus University Poland, Torun
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver Campus) Canada, Vancouver
- University of Bialystok Poland, Bialystok
- New York College in Athens Greece, Athens
- Pavol Josef Safarik University Slovakia, Kosice
- Humanitas University Italy, Milan
- University of Malta Malta, Valletta
- Nicolaus Copernicus University Collegium Medicum Poland, Bydgoszcz